【Important】Opening of the library and events from May 9, 2023【Updated April 24th, 2023】
Saitama Prefectural Library (Kumagaya, Kuki and Urawa circulation point) will lift the restriction on services to prevent the spread of infection, due to the downgrading of the legal status of the new coronavirus infection to "Class 5" on May 8, 2023.
Regarding service changes, notifications will be made via the official website and twitter as required.
Requests to those visiting the library
We kindly ask for your cooperation.
- Please do not visit the library if you are feeling unwell.
- Mask use depends on personal choice.(Library staff wear masks.)
- Please observe proper coughing manner.(When coughing or sneezing, please using a mask, facial tissue, handkerchief, or your sleeve.)
- When entering or leaving the library, as well as prior to handling materials or using devices, please wash your hands thoroughly and sanitize your hands and fingers.
- We will have windows open for ventilation.
The library will continue to implement infection prevention measures, such as the wearing of masks by staff, proper hand-washing and sanitation and the installation of hand sanitizer.
Please note that the plastic partitions and vinyl curtains installed at each counter will be removed.
Service from May 9, 2023
- There will no longer be a limit of 4 hours of stay within the library.
- There will no longer be any restrictions on the use of Library seating and desks.
However, partitions will continue to be installed to ensure soundproofing and personal space.
- Reading service for visually impaired will be changed locations to avoid crowding.
- The Urawa Bunshitsu (circulation point) will be opened in accordance with the correspondence of the Prefectural Archives.
If you have any questions, please contact the library you use.
- Kumagaya Library Tel:048-523-6291
- Kuki Library Tel:0480-21-2659
- Urawa Bunshitsu (circulation point) Tel:048-844-6165
- Email: email@example.com(Common for all prefectural libraries in Saitama)
- Events such as storytelling parties and movie nights will be held without limiting the number of participants.
- Please refrain from participating if you are feeling unwell.
- In order to prevent library visitors from crowding together, library staff will organize and guide visitors into the facility.
- Library staff might ask you to wear a mask during the event.
About Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
We share information about New Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in other languages and simple Japanese.
Consultation for Foreign Expatriates
Coronavirus Hotline for Foreign Residents(埼玉県国際交流協会 Saitama International Association)
Coronavirus Hotline for Foreign Residents(PDF:1.06MB)(埼玉県国際交流協会 Saitama International Association)
- 外国人のかたへ(For Non Japanese Expatriates)(埼玉県 Saitama Prefecture)
- About the New Coronavirus(一般財団法人自治体国際化協会(Council of Local Authorities for International Relations))
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)(厚労省 (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare))
- COVID-19 Multilingual Guide (厚労省 (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare))